Beautiful Magadascan women: c. 1898
(the beauty and power of these women made me cry)
Felt the same way as I was scrolling through these photographs of these incredibly beautiful women. Their elaborate hairstyles and equally as immaculate clothing just blows me away.
This has made my day.
Afrique, mon Afrique.
Epic health-boosting green smoothies
The possibilities are really endless with green smoothies. My favorite combination is:
yields 2 servings:
- a blender full of half kale and half spinach
- 1/2 to 1 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk (try chocolate flavors!)
- one large banana(or two small bananas, frozen or fresh)
- a heaping spoonful of natural peanut butter
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- a few handfuls of ice
- you can toss some berries in there too, blueberries are my fave
Here’s another one I liked a lot, avocado makes it extra creamy
yields 2 large servings:
- 1 + 1/2 cups spinach or kale
- 1 cup almond milk (or soy)
- 2 tbsp honey or agave (optional for added sweetness)
- 1 banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 apple (green or yellow)
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 - 2 cups ice
I usually start by putting the greens and almond milk in the blender together and mixing them into a complete liquid. Then just chop up the rest of your ingredients, add your ice, and blend well! Add more or less ice or milk to get the thickness you want. These quick and easy smoothies with give you a great energy boost and lots of nutrients. Its also very easy to substitute with different kinds of fruit for a huge variety of flavors. (bottom photo has kiwi and mango instead of apple and blueberries) Add flax or Chia seeds or even protein or fiber supplements for an extra boost.
Food photography copyright Shayla Clark
To see more of my photography, visit www.shaylaclarkphoto.com !